Friday, December 19, 2008

Last Day of Work

So today was the last day of work for all the temp employees. I love working here! And if I don't have a permanent job next year, will definitely return. The owners of this company are very strong Christians. Every month we have a Birthday Party. Before we eat, our owner says a blessing. During the Christmas Season, we have parties every Friday (for a total of about 6 weeks). Today we had our final one. And our owner reminded us of what Christmas is all about and prayed with us. I'm very blessed to work in an environment like that. You never have to feel threatened to talk about your faith, because everyone that works there (well...almost) is a Christian and believes in the true meaning of Christmas.

This morning I woke up late, feeling sick, breathless and shaky. I'm coughing up green junk and breathing pretty hard. I went in to work late, and left early. There really wasn't much too do, so leaving early was not that big of a deal. (Although I would have like to get paid a few more hours!!) I'm supposed to go to a party tonight...one of my favorite parties of the year. I'm about to take a nap, and praying that I feel like going. I've been cold and shivering all day, which indicates a fever to me. The party tonight includes one of my best friends, who is also a Cfer and transplant recipient, so I can't take the chance of getting her sick either. So I guess I will know in a few hours. It seems like when I get sick, and it could be serious where I need to call a coordinator, it always happens on the weekends. WHICH I HATE. Because if you want to be checked out, then they usually tell you to go to the E.R. However, I won't be doing that. If it comes down to that, I will tough it out til Monday. Perfect timing for getting sick....I guess my body has just had enough and is finally letting me know!!


1 comments:

Emily said...

Oh No! I hope you quickly get over this junk, I hate that! I totally know what you are talking about, about getting sick on the weekends. It NEVER fails with me that I always get sick on the weekends or when my doctor is out of town. I guess my body just knows, crazy. Well, I hope you feel better. Thank you for the Christmas card!