Monday, January 5, 2009

Music Monday-Alvin and the Chipmunks

In honor of the new released movie, "Alvin and the Chipmunks," I have chosen their famous "Hula Hoop-Christmas Song" for my Music Monday Post.

My parents and I watched the new movie Saturday night. It was very cute, and well-worth taking the time to watch it. The DVD also contains a special feature detailing the history of the Chipmunks. The Chipmunk idea started in 1958 (well before I was born). However, they continued into the late 80s and early 90s. When I was a little girl (2-4yrs old) I had all 3 Chipmunk dolls. According to my parents, they were like a security blanket to me, especially Theodore. I had to have him wherever I went and whenever there was trouble (meaning sick, etc.). I vaguely remember watching the TV cartoon of the Chipmunks, but really have no recollection of having the Chipmunk dolls.

My Mom likes to tell a story of when I was about 3 or 4 yrs old. I had busted my chin open at daycare and had to go to the doctor to get stitches. Instead of crying for Mommy or Daddy (who were right there with me), I cried for Theodore!!! I had to have him to comfort me. My Mom said that my pediatrician kept asking who is Theodore!! How funny!!!

I'm sure many of my blog readers remember the Chipmunks a little better than me and probably even had their record when they were younger (like my Mom). If you haven't seen the movie yet, I highly recommend it. It's a movie for the entire family. And as the history and making of the movie indicate, this movie was intended to reach all age groups; but, help bring back the memories of the Chipmunks for those now in their 20s (like me...although my memory of them is extremely small). ENJOY!!!

(Oh...there are several other songs the Chipmunks produced, like "The Witch Doctor", in which they sing in the movie as well. The opening song in the movie, is the theme song from American Idol last year and is very fun to listen and watch! So I had to include it too...so double Music Monday!!





0 comments: