Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CFF Events

Right now, as well as most everyone else in the country, it is CF Great Strides "season" per se. Our Alabama-Birmingham Chapter is responsible for 7 walks. We also have a satellite chapter in Mobile, AL that is responsible for 7 walks around Mobile and the panhandle of Florida (Destin, Panama City, Pensacola). We are a busy chapter for a small state. As you know, I've worked on staff with the CFF and absolutely LOVE LOVE participating and helping out whenever and wherever I can. This includes working and attending all of our Great Strides Walks from the Birmingham Chapter. I have so much fun!

This past Saturday, we had our 2nd annual Tuscaloosa walk. We had perfect weather and an AWESOME AWESOME turnout. Our goal was $42,000 and we walked away that day with $63,000. And we have more money coming in. All I can say is WOW!!!!! Here a few pics from the day! (I'm usually the picture taker).

Me caught up in balloons.


We gave all the CF Families/kids a white balloon. Right before everyone started walking, they let the balloons go. It was pretty neat!

Christie and Me (remember me giving updates on Christie back when she got her new lungs last fall)

Home Depot with the "kids corner"

Airgas Chopper

Today, Tuesday, I am working at an Airgas-Chopper tour. Airgas, a nation-wide company has partnered with the CFF for about 3-4 years now. Airgas is the United States' largest distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related equipment, safety supplies and MRO products and services to industrial and commercial markets. My dad uses the company for supplying his oxygen tanks at his practice. They always do Chopper tours (motorcycles). They pick certain locations to have them at, and raise money for CF. A person can pay $5 to have their picture made with the chopper. This year they have also decided that they will match whatever donations are raised that day. They are a fun group to work with. And tomorrow I'll be working all day at a local Airgas a few minutes from my house. They are also having an auction as well. Visit their website to find a chopper tour near you!

The Airgas Chopper tour will do more than just excite Airgas employees and customers – it also will benefit a great cause,” said McCausland. At many of the Chopper appearances, tour attendees will be invited to make a $5 donation and have their picture taken with the Chopper as part of Airgas Puritan Medical's national partnership with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's GREAT STRIDES campaign.

This Saturday, we have our Huntsville Great Strides Walk. I will also be attending that one...and I can't wait. I try to help out with all the other walks, but Birmingham is my walk, and I am very involved just like I would be if on staff. Last year, I actually coordinated our entire walk, which was a great experience. This year I'm glad that someone else is doing that!

So...a busy week for CFF events!

On another note...my parents and I are traveling to Orange Beach tomorrow night through Thursday afternoon. I am going to an awards luncheon at the AAHIM annual meeting to except an award I was nominated for. I'm really excited about that!

If I don't blog until this weekend...you can guess that I'm probably pretty busy!

Update on Health: Fever-free since last Friday. Still wheezing, but not too bad. I guess the abx are working!!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

When I visit my uncle I'll have to let you know. I wouldn't have thought you lived close by.

Jane said...

Enjoy Great Strides season ... I still remember the first one I did, I think it was 18 years ago. Wow ... I'm getting old!