Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 12

Today is day 12 of Iv antibiotics! Just a few more days...yay!! I feel like I'm improving each day a little bit. Usually by this time I feel pretty good (and also at home back into a normal routine). The doctor on service hasn't really said much. So I'm just hanging out and waiting to go home....on Tuesday! Yesterday my aunt came up and visited for a little while, which was nice. She also brought me some movies to watch (via Brandi's computer). I'm continuing to get steroids, but are tapering off of them slowly. I can definitely feel the energy from them...which is good. But they also cause other symptoms, which I wouldn't mind avoiding. for some good (or better news): Last night around 10:00, which is the time for nightly vital signs, my 02 sat was 100!!!! YAY!!! It started at 97, then slowly worked its way up! I'm so excited. It's the first time I've seen 100 in at least 12 days. And who knows, my 02 sats were probably a little low at home before I came in. My resting heart rate is back into the 80s (70s while sleeping). And my heart rate with activity is decreasing as well and hanging around 115/120 (which is good compared to 150-160 not too long ago). The mornings are still slow to come around, but getting better. I told the doctor this morning that I was still wheezing, but hoping it would go away (and that it should according to some other medical professionals). His response was "It should. It has in the past right?" I was like, yea. does go away on most occasions, but has returned quite frequently the last several months and and sometimes is quite severe. I'm not too sure if I am pleased with his response or not. I think tomorrow I might approach him about it and ask him about the inflammation. I HATE wheezing, and I don't normally wheeze. So we will see what happens. Overall, I am definitely better and ready to go home!!! And I know pretty much everyone agrees that they want me doing inhaled TOBI (month on, month off)...UGH! But I guess you got to do what you got to do!

I more than likely will not be teaching VBS next week. There is still a chance that I might go Wed-Friday, but haven't decided yet. I have a dinner thing for the CFF Tuesday night (which I still plan on attending) and a LOT of stuff to get done at home. Then I have a lot going on the next week as well. I've got to get my energy gets wiped out when you are in the hospital for 14 days (and oh yea, when you have pneumonia and inflammation of the lungs)!!!

Brandi's aunt brought Outback for dinner last night! Not sure what my food plans are today! I did go outside with Mom for a good while yesterday. Another one of the transplant patients that is in the hospital was outside with his wife, so we had a nice LONG chat!!!

Please pray for major improvements in the next few days, including NO wheezing, no SOB and the return of ENERGY!!! Thanks for the continued comments and prayers. I hope everyone's weekend is going well!


Jane said...

Glad to hear you're improving!!!!

Aspiemom said...

Long hospital stays are so difficult and I hope you can go home and recuperate soon! You seem to be keeping a great attitude!

Yeah for the O2! said...

Hope the wheezing goes away, but everything else was VERY good news! Keep it up stud!


Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Praying for you and can't wait to hear you are home:)