Saturday, August 22, 2009

Update on Emily

Please continue to pray for my friend Emily! As her lungs have gotten MUCH better, the plans were to extubate her this past Thursday. Unfortunately, that has not happened yet, as she has hit another obstacle! Her kidneys have completely shut down, and they have started her on dialysis as of Thursday night. We are praying this is just temporary, due to some of the medicines she has been on. Yesterday was a tough day, as she was extremely agitated, and throwing up as well. Extubation is not out of the question, but has been put on hold until she is stable once again! Please pray specifically for her kidneys to start functioning (even with the dialysis), for her to remain stable so she can come off the ventilator, and for God to give her a peace about the situation so they can get her agitation under control. She is now approaching about 3 weeks on the vent. She is still at UAB on HTICU. We know God is right there with her, holding her hand! Thank you for your continued prayers!

For those of you that have not been following her blog, or my updates, Emily is a CF/transplant patient who became infected with the swine flu! You can click here to visit her blog, in which a friend of hers updates almost daily!


Aspiemom said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. I thought she was on the mend! Poor Emily!

Christy said...

Definitely not the news I wanted to see Katey. I am glad her lungs are better, but I'll be specifically praying for her kidneys. Ughh!

Lauren & Alexandria said...

Glad that her lungs are better, but I'm wishing everything was going okay with her!