Sunday, October 16, 2011

Photo for chronic rejection

I am starting another round of photophoresis tomorrow, October 17th for the progression of my chronic rejection. I've talked about what this is on my blog before and most of you know I have already completed 2 rounds (15 mths each round). My doctors are hoping that somehow this round will stabilize me some like the last rounds (the last rounds did not reverse or improve anything but apparently it stabilized me somewhat...i like to call it remission). I don't have my hopes up...but I do trust my doctors. More importantly, whatever happens, is God's doing, and is always for his glory. I am having a hard time actually grasping the situation that my chronic rejection status is not good and prognosis isn't good. I believe that everything will work out...that I will graduate in May, and start working as a nurse and go on to live a long and fulfilled life. I am taking it day by day. I'm not at peace with doing another round of photo, as no one at UAB has done that, let alone Duke I think. So it's any iffy chance. But please pray for me and that this photo will work, but more importantly, for me to feel peace from the Lord about whatever plan lies ahead. Thanks :)


8 comments:

Amy said...

a friend of mine had 2 rounds at Brigham and Women's in Boston and he has been stable for over a year now. He would have had more but insurance cut him off :( Good luck I will pray this next round works wonders for you!!!

Kari said...

Praying that God's will is carried out. He doesn't rejoice in our suffering. Wishing you much luck and peace of mind.

Jamie said...

You're in my prayers! You are so strong & I really do pray it's God will to give you many more years. I really appreciate you sharing your life and struggles on your blog. :) Sending love and prayers!!

Jane said...

Lots of prayers your way!

Jess said...

Katy I certainly will be praying for you! Sending you lots of positive thoughts too :)

65 Roses for Marcia said...

I will definitely continue praying for you, Katey!

Terri said...

I know I said this last night but again wanted you to know you are in my prayers...God is with you and always will be!

Sarah said...

You have my prayers.
You're right God has this....