Thursday, July 17, 2008

Prayer Request

I'm going to try something a little different with this post. For all of you that read my post and believe in prayer and miracles, then I would really appreciate them for the story that follows and for the next post as well.

There is this girl (about my age), who has CF and has been deteriorating in the last few years very rapidly. We "grew up" together at Children's hospital and were pretty good friends while in the hospital. I haven't had the chance to keep in touch with her a lot since my transplant. But when she is in the hospital and I know about it, I try and go visit her. She is on oxygen all day long and really doesn't have much lung function. Antibiotics just aren't working any more. Back in November, she had double pneumonia, and I really didn't think she would bounce back. In my opinion, she probably doesn't have more than 6 months to live (based on physical factors). Right now she is against having a transplant. I've known people who don't want one for some reason or another, and end up dying. I also know people (CF patients, that is) that deny a transplant at first, then decide to move forward with it, but are too late. I don't know all the reasoning for this girl not wanting one (but I have some good guesses....which I won't discuss).

I really thought that after me and two other CF patients who were good friends got transplant and she saw how well we have done, she would change her mind. It just breaks my heart to see her so sick, knowing that she might die soon, and her not wanting to proceed with a transplant. I know she is in Gods hands. However, I'm not 100% sure she is a Christian, and that is my main motive right now, is to make sure she goes to the right place, if she leaves this earth soon. I can see "me" in "her" as she deteriorates. And without a transplant, she will not live much longer. Although God is in complete control and I trust him completely.

I'm not necessarily asking for prayers that she will change her mind. I'm asking for God to take care of her, comfort her, and help her to make the best decision for her health. It's hard for me, because I was so so so sick prior to transplant, and I don't want anyone to have to go through what I went through.

So if you feel led to do so, please pray for this girl. Pray for guidance, comfort, maybe healing if it's God's will, and just for her friends and family as well. I know if and when that time comes when God calls her home, my heart will be broken. But more than anything, if she goes home to the Lord, my heart will be leaping with joy.

Thanks.

0 comments: