Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update

Here's a quick update in case any of you are wondering. All my lab work from Wednesday morning was perfect (well, for me that is). The only thing that was off was my WBC count. It was 2.3, which is pretty low. I've been having a hard time keeping it up lately, which worries me a bit. The normal range (for a normal person) is between 5 and 10. I used to run about 5 or 6. However, in the last few months, it's been between 2 and 4. The transplant team is pretty comfortable with it 3 or above. But anything below that, is really too low. It puts me at greater risk of infection. And last time it dropped this low, I got a really bad virus with a fever for 6 days along with other symptoms (not fun). So I'm a little concerned, since I'm leaving for the beach next Thursday. I do not feel very good at all. I think it's a sinus infection, which may not be that serious. However, I've had sinus infections turn into lung infections and pneumonia before too. I had sinus surgery last summer (for the 1st time ever) and haven't had any sinus trouble since then. So I'm a little shocked. I have to return in about 2 weeks to recheck labs. I might request some antibiotics before the beach trip, but not sure yet. I'm going to see how I feel over the weekend.

0 comments: