Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I love you Angel-R.I.P.

This morning, during clinic, I got a text message informing me of a CF patient that passed away last night. This young adult with CF was like a sister to me while growing up at Children's hospital. She was always there. We had so much fun together. After transplant, we drifted apart a little, because that's what usually happens when you cross over to the other "side." But over the last year or two, I've been able to visit with her while she's in the hospital. The last time I saw her was in August of this year. She was really sick. I knew that. And she didn't want a transplant. I knew her time would come, and I knew it was very soon. But when you get the official news, it still puts you into shock. And I'm still in shock. Evidently, people gathered last night before she passed away. Unfortunately, I didn't get the word, so was unable to see her one last time. I really regret that, but there is nothing I can do about it. I'm going to her visitation tomorrow and her funeral on Friday. I loved this sweet Angel so much. She will be greatly missed. And I just hope that right now, she is with our Heavenly God and Father, and experiencing the time of her life. I love you Angel! (I've included some pictures...she's the one with the blonde hair standing in the back on the 1st picture and the one in the turquoise shirt in the 2nd picture. I don't have any recent ones available to post). Angel was a 24 year old CF patient.






0 comments: