Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Phone is Pranked

So just a little while ago, my cell phone starts alarming. I didn't recognize it at first, because I was in another room and the alarm sound was unfamiliar. It's not the normal ringtone I use for when I set alarms on my phone.

So my mom went to get my phone. (the alarm ringtone is actually the ringtone my mom uses for incoming calls. So she had automatically gone to her phone first). The alarm said it was for a calender appointment. The event name was: "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy." It was set to repeat until November 8th, 2095 at 7:63 pm. Ok...so what the heck is this? My cell phone did the same exact thing last week sometime I believe. And I just brushed it off, and thought maybe I pushed the wrong button or something. Well, it happened again tonight.

And the crazy thing is that when I push "silent" to hush the alarm, it goes away and I can't delete it. And to top it all off, I can't find this so called calender date on my phone. I've searched and I can't find any event that has an alarm set with it until November 8, 2095. And there is no "7:63" p.m. It's impossible.

Maybe someone is playing a Halloween Prank?? Who knows..it's might freaky though. Kinda a funny at the same time too! I need to find out though, because I can't have my phone alarming at various times, especially if it happens to be during work or during an important event.

[Quickie: Tomorrow I go to clinic to hopefully figure out what's going on. Things have not been going so hot the last few weeks, especially this week. I keep loosing weight from day to day and don't have any energy. I missed work today because of more stomach cramps and no energy to get out of bed. It's been an emotional roller coaster and it's getting to be extremely frustrating for me. And my Mom is extremely concerned. Please pray that I am able to get an answer tomorrow...and things will start going in the upward direction. I am forcing myself to go to my clinical class right after clinic, since I've already missed 4 classes. Therefore, I'm getting up at 5:10 so I can get to clinic extremely early (6:30). The way our transplant clinic works is basically on a 1st come 1st serve basis. There are no "appointment times." You arrive as early as possible, sign your name in at the clinic, then go do your labs, chest xray and pfts. Then return to the actual clinic and wait to be seen by the doctor. Some clinic days we may have 20+ people there. Others it may be only 12. So the later you get there (or the later you sign in), the later you leave. And since I need to be out of there ASAP, I need to be #1 or #2 on the list. The other crazy thing is that the doctors don't start seeing patients until 9:00 usually. So you have to get there around 6:30 or 7:00 just to get your name on the list, but then wait forever to be seen. CRAZY!! It's nice when I'm not in a hurry and don't have to worry about it. But transplant clinic is only on Wednesdays, and my clinical class has to be on Wednesdays as well].


Alicia said...

Sadly, I don't think that's uncommon at clinics! Our 8 month experience at Dallas, Children's was a waiting nightmare like that. I hope you get answers AND relief. I'll be praying for you.