Wednesday, November 26, 2008

CF Ignorance

It continues to amaze me how so many people can be so ignorant about the most common, fatal, genetically inherited disease among children in North America...

I'm sure some of you have already read and seen this article on other CF Blogs. But I still wanted to post it on mine. Like several other blogs mentioned, one of the primary reasons of starting my blog, was for CF Awareness....getting the FACTS out there so people can know the truth about CF and how it is the #1 genetic disease killer in the U.S. This article seized to amaze me at the decision made at Carleton University.

Cystic fibrosis is diagnosed in males and females equally. CF males just tend to live longer than CF females.

Other nationalities are affected by CF, just not as common as in "whites/Caucasians."

It takes a LOT of effort amongst all CF Foundations to raise money and awareness for CF. It is by no means easy. We need all the help we can get. I've worked for the CFF and busted my but to raise money and awareness for CF. It's a very rewarding experience. And I'm sad to see a fundraiser route their funds elsewhere just because of a "race" issue.


0 comments: