Thursday, November 27, 2008


I'm thankful for so many things, I don't even know where to start. And I won't attempt to list them all here on this blog either :)

But first off, I'm thankful for being an American and living in a FREE country. I have a blog that I follow of a CF girl who lives in South Africa. Her post today mentioned how it was Thanksgiving in the U.S. and how she wishes it were there too. WOW!! But here is something to think about: We don't need today to thank those who have blessed us and to recognize those things we are thankful for. We should do that all year long. But it is nice to have today set aside to spend time with family and eat some good food :)

Exactly 4 years and 9 months ago, God gave me a 2nd chance at life. The doctors told my parents and me about 1 week prior, that I had just a few days to live, if not hours. If you looked at certain statistics on how my body was functioning at that time, there is no medically possible way that I would be alive today. But God was not through with me and had future plans for me. I am so THANKFUL and BLESSED by our Lord and Savior to be celebrating today! I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm alive, and that is all that matters. I can deal with ANYTHING that life throws at me, whether it is good or bad.

Be grateful for the little things in life too, not just the "bigger" things such as friends and family. Be thankful for shelter, and food. Be thankful you can get an education. Be thankful for a car if you have one. Be thankful for your job and co-workers.

It may be the Pilgrims who started this tradition, but it is Jesus Christ who put us here on this earth and deserves all the thanks this Thanksgiving!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!! Love to all!
Katey


0 comments: