Saturday, November 1, 2008

Long Week's been a REALLY REALLY LONG and STRESSFUL week. Monday started out fine. Then Tuesday was a day spent in the bed because of not feeling well. Wednesday was filled with Dr. appointments and finding out that Angel passed away. On Thursday I volunteered and spoke at our local CFF golf tournament. That evening/night a couple of us went to Angel's visitation services about 2.5 hrs away. We didn't get in that night until about midnight. Friday morning I went into work for about 1 hour then picked up a friend to drive again to Angel's funeral. We didn't get home until about 6:00 that evening. I went to bed early last night and slept in this morning. I have been trying to catch up on some school work today.

I am still so physically exhausted and the events of this week have not helped. I am trying to eat more and have managed to gain about 1.5 pounds. I'm hoping to get in for a GI consult in the next week or two. And then I will decide about stopping my photo treatments probably by the next session (which is in 3 weeks).

I did really well Thursday night at Angel's visitation. I rode up with a friend (and former nurse that took care of Angel) and with another CF patient (Brandi). We met another CF patient/friend up there as well as another who was like a brother to Angel. We saw Angel and I was able to speak to her Mom some. We visited with JB (the close brother-like friend), his wife, and everyone else for awhile, then grabbed some dinner and took off on the 2 hr drive back home.

Yesterday the funeral was at 12 noon. Brandi and I arrived about 11:30. We visited with friends and Angel's mom once more before the funeral began. The funeral was short and sweet. But we were reassured that Angel is in Heaven with our Lord and Savior. That made the funeral easier to sit through. Although by no means was it easy. I knew that I would "breakdown" at some point, but didn't know when. Well, that time happened during the funeral yesterday and shortly after. We followed the procession to the grave side and saw "Angel" (her body) be buried and filled with dirt by her Pal Bearers (which was a little odd). We visited briefly again with friends and family before leaving to make the trip home. It was definitely a "hard and trying" day, but didn't go without its good and funny memories. I will never forget these last 2 days and will never forget this sweet Angel. She will always be remembered and in my heart forever. This is the 1st person I've "lost" to CF that has been really close, and I am realizing it is very hard to deal with. But I know Jesus will continue to lift me up and help me get through this hard time.

Please pray for me. Due to the events surrounding the last couple of weeks (really month), I have fallen behind in my school work and really need to catch up. The semester is over in just 4 short weeks. I have missed too much of clinical, and will have to miss more work in order to fulfill the required hours. It's been a long and stressful (both physically and mentally) week. But I know next week will be better and that God will definitely get me through it.

I want to end this post with this: If you are not a believer in Jesus Christ and do not know "where" you are going after your life here on Earth, then you need to do some serious thinking. I know I can't make that decision for you. You never know when it will be your time to leave this Earth. So you better think hard...and decide if you want to spend your eternal and everlasting life in paradise with our Lord, Jesus Christ, or in hell, suffering for eternity. The choice is yours!

ANGEL---I know you are rejoicing with Jesus right now!! Rest in Peace and I will see you in the future!! I love you!!


Christy said...

You are in my prayers Katey!

Alicia said...

Thank you for using every opportunity to point people to Christ. You bring glory to our Savior, and I will be praying for strength and endurance for you during this time.