Friday, December 5, 2008

Life's hurdles

Well, life continues to throw curve balls.

Wednesday night I was up most of the night coughing. But nothing I couldn't handle. Thursday morning came along. I went to work like usual. But by mid morning, I started feeling horrible. I went to the bathroom about 4 times thinking I was going to throw up. Every time I got out of my chair, I felt like I was going to pass out. I absolutely felt horrible, and finally went home about 12:30. I slept from about 2:30 that afternoon til about 6:00 this morning (with a few bathroom breaks). I missed dinner, my 2 favorite TV shows, and more importantly, school work. I also missed going to my Dad's fishing Banquet to see a former RT from Children's, that I had been looking forward to for months.

Today I feel much better and are not sure why yesterday presented itself the way it did. The only theory I have is it was from the flu shot I got on Wednesday. The past 3 years, I have run a low-grade fever and felt like I had the "flu" after getting the flu shot the day before. And my transplant coordinator says it can do that. So right now I am hoping it was because of that.

I had to cancel going to my church singles banquet tonight because I didn't get the needed MAKE-UP work done last night. And I still don't feel 100%.

I guess you just have to take what's thrown at you and just move on!

Tomorrow I am volunteering with my Sunday school class for our mission project and hope to accomplish much needed studying for finals.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!!!

1 comments:

Christy said...

Katey,
I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. CF sure does put a damper on things sometimes! Hang in there.