Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looking back on 2008

I normally don't do these survey things...but I need something to occupy my time right now and I thought it might be a little fun...I got this survey off several websites. I took out some of the questions I didn't want to answer....so if you see #'s that are missing...that's why!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Flown by myself

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I kept some of them for a little while. Yes, I will make more for 2009.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, several people. Most importantly, my cousin Kristen gave birth to baby Katherine (Katie), who was named after me. A former doctor of mine (good friend too) gave birth to their 3rd child. Two moms who I babysit for gave birth to their 3rd child as well.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, Angel.

5. What countries did you visit? None, unfortunately...but that will change in 2009!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A boyfriend (yes, I know..sort of cheesy).

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 25th...my 4 year transplant anniversary. The day that God gave me a 2nd chance at life and poured out his grace and blessings on me and my family! October 31st-Halloween and Angel's funeral!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Coordinating our local Great Strides Walk! (working on staff at our local CFF)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes

11. What was the best thing you bought? Hmm....didn't really buy any major things this year! All i can think of is stuff for scrapbooking and clothes! I did buy me a pair of black boots, which I really love!

12. Did your behavior change over the year? Not sure, really. Don't think so. But if it did, it would have been in a good way.

14. Where did most of your money go? Probably towards scrapbooking!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to San Diego


Compared to this time last year, are you:

17. Thinner or fatter? Thinner, unfortunately

18. Richer or poorer? Same


19. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise

20. What do you wish you'd done less of? Complain

21. How did you spend your Christmas? Christmas Eve-went to my grandmother's house (Dad's mom)-ate dinner and opened presents with grandmother and dad's sister and her family; Christmas morning-breakfast and presents with the family; Christmas day-lunch and presents with my Mom's side of the family-at my aunt's house; Christmas night-rode around and looked at Christmas lights with my Mom. Had lots of parties during the holidays too!!

22. Did you fall in love in 2008? No

24. What was your favorite TV program? As usual, E.R., Grey's Anatomy...Jon & Kate plus 8

26. What was the best book you read? Haven't had the chance to read much on a leisurely basis...too much reading for school. I guess it would have to be: "Dawn's Light" by Terri Blackstock (#4 and final book in the series). I LOVED this series!! If anyone likes Christian suspense novels...definitely check it out! The series is called the A Restoration Novel series.

29. What did you want and not get? New Apple laptop

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmm...can't remember everything I've seen this year....4 Christmases was pretty cute; the other ones I've seen are not new releases....

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 23; I believe I worked that day. Probably went out to dinner with my family...obviously it wasn't too exciting because I can't remember exactly what happened that day :)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Love...ahh. However, I am very patient with this subject. So truthfully, nothing would have made 2008 more satisfying!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Just trying to look nice, semi-up-to-date with the latest styles...had to dress professionally a good part of the year for work and clinicals.

34. What kept you sane? God, my parents, tx coordinator (we are close), friends, blogging

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I really don't fancy celebrity figures that much.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Presidential Election

37. Who did you miss? Angel and my friends who live out of state

38. Who was the best new person you met? Probably my blogger friends

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: This isn't new...but to continue trusting in the Lord no matter what!

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

That was a great list. I'm thankful for my blogger friends too - it has provided such community!

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Do you still have your appointment today? If so, I hope all goes well:) Let us know.
I liked your post. Someone once told me that once you stop looking for love, it just falls in your lap unexpectedly. I took their advice and that's what ended up happening to me:)
Good luck!
M