Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HOPE

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful." ~ Hebrews 10:23

This year at my church, our theme is Hope. Often, we place our hopes in things or circumstances– our investments, health, jobs, approval of others, finding a spouse, or even on a sports team. “I hope that...” is wishful thinking, creating a scenario where we would be much happier as a result. But for Christians, hope is not a wish. It’s not just a feeling. "Christian hope" is the confident, joyful expectation that God is working both now and in the future for my good and His glory.

Our current study of Hope comes from 1 Peter. It shows us where hope is found and teaches us how to remain faithful in times of difficulties that may otherwise seem overwhelming. There is Hope after Failure. And God often uses broken people to accomplish great things. I thought I would comment a little about this topic, especially from the last couple of weeks (I've missed a couple of sermons in between, but still want to share what I've learned). I think you will find it interesting and comforting. And for CF patients, a lot of times, Hope is all we have to hang on to.

"Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ." ~1 Peter 1:3

So this is just a brief introduction...my next post will be about Hope and how we can rejoice in times of trials!

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, sounds awesome! Looking forward to it.