Friday, March 13, 2009

Grilling Goodness #22

GoldenGoodness

Welcome back for another installment of Grilling Goodness! I hope that you've had a wonderful week! To participate in this Friday Meme, click here

1. Did you learn anything new this week? Hmmm....not sure. As far as new information type of stuff....no. I've learned or really realized, that my body just doesn't have as much energy that I think it does, and completing my internship is proving to be harder than I expected!

2. Will you wear green on St. Patty's Day or do you not give a hoot?? I am going to try and wear green. It will be an internship day for me...so if I have something that is nice and green to wear...then I'll do it! I have a feeling that the department where I'm doing my internship will dress up in green!

3. Do you wash clothes throughout the week or only on a specific day? Well, since I still live at home...I'm blessed to have my Mom wash my clothes. However, when I have free time, I do help out a good bit with laundry! So, I'm going to say that my Mom pretty much does laundry every day of the week.

4. What is one of the most popular 'spams' you get in your junk email inbox? Probably about the lottery....or emails saying you have won money.

5. Are you where you want to be? (you decide the meaning of the question for your answer). WOW!! That is a tough question!!! I would have to say "yes" and "no." It would be "no" for several reasons: One being that I want to grow in my relationship with Christ a WHOLE LOT more. I am not where I want to be yet in that relationship. It's improving, but will take time. Also, as far as my future goes, I plan on getting married, having children, and having a career in nursing. Those things have not happened yet, so I am not where I want to be as far as my future. However, I also have to answer "yes" to this question. I've been so blessed throughout my life. God has given me a second chance at life, and I'm doing my best to live my life to the fullest. God has plans for me, and if he thinks I'm good where I am, then that's fine. He is in control. Because he has blessed me with so many miracles, that's plenty for me. I'm just blessed to be alive....so I really can't complain on "where I am today."

6. Do you know how to swim? Yes, but I'm not the best at it. Prior to transplant, I didn't have the energy or strength to swim much. I basically just floated around. After transplant...about 2 years post...I began to swim again after I gained the majority of my strength back. I am still weak in my legs and overall strength, which prevents me from being a good swimmer. But if I had to save someone....then I could do it!

7. Do you take trips with your girlfriends? Not far away trips. We've been to the beach before when I was in high school. I'll be going on a cruise with one of them this summer.

8. What was your favorite purchase this week? (big or small) I haven't really purchased much this week besides food and gas. So I'm going to have to go with 2 cards I bought for Shaun today (one for his b'day and one Get Well card). He is so special to me, and has had a rough set back recently, so that meant a lot to me.

Quick update on Shaun: He has improved a good bit, but is still on the ventilator. They have decreased the amount of sedation and are trying to get him to practice taking in breaths on his own. He will probably remain on the vent til the beginning of next week. I went and saw him today. He was semi-alert, where he could here us, and lift his hand up a little bit. I know he knew I was in the room. I talked to him, and held/rubbed his hand. It breaks my heart to see him like that. He was such a strong person (and still is) and has not had any complications since his transplant. I know he is a fighter, and will bounce back in no-time. But as you know, when you are still on a ventilator, it's still a critical time! So please continue to lift Shaun up in your prayers. Thanks!

JUST A REMINDER: Don't forget to ask questions for my Q & A post! The deadline is next Wednesday!! I've only had 1 person submit questions....SO ask away!

1 comments:

Christy said...

I know it really breaks your heart to see Shaun like that. I'm praying for him.

I love your answer to number 5!! :)