Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Thousand Tomorrows



A friend of mine told me about this book: "A Thousand Tomorrows" by Karen Kingsbury, which tells the story of a young couple whose love must face the ultimate challenge. The young woman in the story has CF, and eventually needs a lung transplant. I just finished reading it...and it's AWESOME! It is written by Karen Kingsbury, who is a well-known, and very good Christian author. I love her books, and I'm sure a lot of you have read some of her books as well. I highly recommend this book! It's not as long as most of her books, but long enough. You won't be able to put it down once you start. There is also a sequel to it ("Just Beyond the Clouds"), but I haven't read it yet. I think this book gives a good reality of what CF patients go through every day, but more importantly, explains how CF patients want to just live there life, no matter what it takes. There is always strong determination and a will to fight among us. This book does not go into major detail about CF, but touches on the basics. The book is also about Love, and that is really the basis for the story.


Now...not everything in this book is accurate regarding CF and transplant, and Karen Kingsbury acknowledges that at the end. But she's not making the stuff up either. She did her research. You just need to realize that every CF patient and transplant experience is unique (for you Mom's with recently diagnosed kids or young CF kids)

You can read an excerpt of the book by clicking here


6 comments:

The Smithson Family said...

I just bought both books on ebay! Thanks for the suggestion....I can't wait to read them...in all of my spare time!
DeAnn

Unknown said...

I LOVE Karen Kingsbury books! I have read a ton of them but never this one. I had no idea it had anything to do with CF. Thanks for suggesting it...I am off to find me a copy on Ebay!!

Cara said...

Ohhhhh, I'm going to read it! Thanks for the suggestion!

bankrgrl said...

I've never read anything by her, by I had an online B&N gift certificate which I just put to good use. Thanks for the recommendation! (You know I will read anything!!!!) =)

Christy said...

I just added this to my Amazon wishlist. Thanks so much Katey!!

Anonymous said...

Yes,I've read several of her books,but not this one.A friend told me about it recently and is going to lend it to me.Thanks for reminding me about it...and I hope you're feeling better:)