Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday Night Update

So I just saw the doctor...yes, at 7:45P.M. Doesn't look like I'll be getting out of here tomorrow :( But I gotta go on Saturday no matter what! I need at least one day at home before starting internship back!!

He said my sputum culture had just grown out the usual gram-negative rods, and he needs a little bit more information to determine what to put me on at home. He said all my labs looked good, except my WBC Count was low again...2.2. He said he thinks its the antibiotics, but I don't think abx can't make it low. But who knows?

So...that's the plan right now. I'm going to try and get moved over to the transplant unit, but not sure if it will happen or not?

Well....I'll update again tomorrow! I hope everyone is feeling better and has a great night!!


2 comments:

Katelyn said...

You and I are quite the pathetic lot! Thanks for your prayers, Katey. You're in mine also and I hope you get to go home soon!

Emily said...

Hey, Thanks for the update. I'm sorry it's been such a difficult time in the hospital (it's never as good as home). Once again I hope they can figure out what is causing the problem and get you on the road to good health!

I had no idea Shaun was in the hospital too! Please let me know what is going on with him. I feel so bad for him, he was doing so good.