Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tues night update

Question: Are their pink lines on my blog when you view it?? I'm hoping it's just my laptop..but I'm not sure and have no idea where they came from. If you are seeing them...any suggestions on how to get rid of them??

So...today has been a long day!! I woke up this morning feeling about the same as last night, which was a little better. My temp this morning was 98.0. Around lunch time I started feeling worse, coughing my head off, wheezing, and sinus trouble. My fever also spiked back up to 100.4...and I could feel it. I asked for an albuterol treatment...but it really just stirred me up even more. I got some Tylenol and it brought the fever down to 98 something and helped me feel a little better. But the coughing was awful. I got some flonase ordered to help my sinuses. So hopefully that will help.

I didn't expect my fever to come back. And around 8:00 it was 99 degrees...so I guess we'll see what it does. I know this past weekend, it peaked in the afternoons, so that may be what it did today...although it needs to be completely gone. I haven't felt like eating or drinking...so I hope that changes soon! I walked to the vending machines with My mom earlier...but it got me pretty out of breath.

So...I'm turning in for the night..my eyes and head are about to give out on me. I have this foam-like bed...which when I sit in it, it sinks....really really bad. And it's VERY uncomfortablefor my butt, back and hips. I asked my nurse if there was a different kind of mattress I could get. She ordered me an overlay..whatever that is. The nurses on this unit are sweet, but it takes about 2 hours for them to respond to your call or request. But it doesn't look good for me moving back to our transplant floor. Evidently there are about 20 transplant patients off unit right now.

I'll update again tomorrow. I know I will be here now at least until Thursday...thinking maybe Friday depending on what my fever does!!

Thanks again for your comments and prayers!!

5 comments:

Kellee said...

No pink lines for me =)

Im sorry you still feel bad =(
Ill pray extra hard for ya tonight =)

Christy said...

No pink lines...

Praying...

Aspiemom said...

No pink lines.

I had a bed like that after my last surgery and I was miserable because I just couldn't get comfortable. Hope they help you out in that dept...and get better!

Anonymous said...

No pink lines either.Hope you're feeling better:)

Unknown said...

It must just be your laptop because there are no pink lines here either!! Sorry you have been feeling bad! Sawyer has been feeling yucky too but it's a stomach virus. Hope you get to feeling better really soon!!