Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update/Please Pray

Here is a quick update on me: Nothing has really changed. My right lung is moving air better, and I'm assuming my xray is better as well. This morning I woke up extremely nauseated and throwing up again, which was no fun. The plan is to still send me home tomorrow, as long as I don't start throwing up again. I will continue doing the 3 iv abx until Tuesday.

I had a lot of visitors today, which was nice. Several people from my Sunday School class came up, as well as one of my best friends from Texas. I will update tomorrow when I get home.

PLEASE continue to pray for my friend Shaun. He (according to his Mom) actually had another set back yesterday and is not doing well. The trach was a success, but he is in severe respiratory failure. One of our doctors did a bronch today and said that his lung was filled with necrotic (dead/damaged) tissue. He also has a right upper and right lower pneumothorax in the right lung. Yesterday, the doctor told his Mom that there was nothing else they could do for him. Right now it is a touch and go process, and we are all praying for a miracle. From a medical standpoint, it doesn't look good. But we know God is in complete control, and if it's not Shaun's time to leave this Earth, then God will put his holy hand on Shaun's body and heel him. This is a very difficult situation, and a miracles is our only hope right now. Please pray for a miracle, but also pray that Shaun and his Mom will submit to our Lord, and know that he is the ultimate Physician right now. When I talked to her tonight, she asked me to pray for him. She has NEVER asked that, nor used the word PRAYER in the last 1.5 yrs I've known them. So that is definitely God working in her. Before I leave tomorrow, I will go down to see Shaun and his Mom.

I promise to update again tomorrow. Thank you for your continued prayers for me and Shaun.

Also, I have not yet made a final decision on when I will return to my internship. I had planned on going back Monday, but my transplant coordinator wants me to wait until at least Thursday. This is a very hard decision. I know my health comes first, but Graduation is so important for me.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I will keep your friend in my prayers and you too!

The Liberto Family said...

Katey,
You are in our prayers and also your friend. You are right if it's time to Go then God will take him. We will also pray for his mother. I can't even imagine what she is going through.

Brandi said...

Glad that you are going home today! Let me know if you need any help with anything this weekend. Talk to you soon!

Graciy said...

I hope your still going home today. how strong those with CF are never stops amazing me.Josh my husband tells me that he doesn't feel that way but he's not on the outside looking in. he's my hero!

I have been so worried aobut your friends mother. I shawn is in God hands but i can't even start to understand how she feels. Please post if there is anything us bloggers can do for her like send he a card of something. it goes without say that we will be praying.

RunSickboyRun.com said...

I hope you get to feeling better and that Shaun and his family can feel God's peace during this process.

I will keep him in my prayers.