Friday, April 10, 2009

Grilling Goodness #26

GoldenGoodness

Sorry guys for not posting the rest of this week. It's been a crazy week! Welcome back for another installment of Grilling Goodness! I hope that you've had a wonderful week! To participate in this Friday Meme, visit Golden Goodness

1. What's one of the best things you've seen lately? Hmmm...definitely not a movie, since I really haven't seen any movies. I'm going to stay that recently, due to the several not-so-good events that have happened in my-life, I have received an enormous outpouring of love, support, prayers, and inspiration. So many people have sent me sweet and encouraging words. It's amazing to the see the love and support of your friends (including my bloggy friends). It's amazing, and it truly does make a difference in how you look/view those certain events. So thank you for your kind words, prayers, and encouragement during this last month and a half or so! I know I always have the support of family and friends, but to see it and hear it like it's been lately is just wonderful and comforting!

2. Has Spring brought you something you don't like? Hmmm....tough question if you are . Spring in our part of the country, well, isn't quite Spring. We rarely have Spring-like weather...it jumps from being cold, to hot, to cold, etc. And usually is always accompanied by a lot of rain, tornado watches/warnings, etc. So in reality, I don't care for Spring weather..but like it much better than winter. I would rather just go ahead and move to Summer weather though.

3. What kind of sandwiches do you like? Believe or not, I'm not a sandwich kind of person. But when i do eat them, it's usually ham and Swiss cheese.

4. Do you carry GermX with you at all times? I do have Purell (I think) hand-sanitizer in all my purses and hand bags. Now, whether or not i use that on a constant basis is a different story.

5. Does each person in your house have their own hamper or do you have a central hamper for everyone? No hampers in my house. We have a separate laundry room, and just inside the door is a big basket. We put all our dirty clothes there.

6. How often do you balance your checkbook? I usually never balance my checkbook. I have duplicate checks. I also have a Microsoft Money Software program on my computer. So anytime there is a money transaction, whether deposit, withdrawal, credit purchase, etc., i record it there. I will admit right now, that my bank balance does not match exactly with my Microsoft Money Balance. I'm not sure where it got off, but I usually just adjust to it to match. I don't write that many checks anymore either.

7. What's the hardest thing you've done lately? Broken my foot. I've never broken a bone (well, with the exception of my wrist at 18 months..but don't remembers that), so this is a new concept. Luckily, the fracture did not require a cast, and I am able bear weight on it, just depending on my pain level. However, the place on my foot where it's fractured, makes it very difficult to walk on. I have crutches, but are highly uncoordinated with those. One thing that bothers me, is that I hate being dependent on other people. Since I live with my parents, they have been great. And don't want me on my foot more than I have to. I've been in the hospital so much this past month, that I've already had my share of asking people to do things for me, and It was getting old. But oh well! Thank goodness for them though...couldn't make it without my loving and supportive parents!

8. Are you a texter? Yes, although probably not as much as a lot of other people. I text the most when I'm in the hospital or when there is some big event going on. My Dad actually still pays my cell phone bill. And unfortunately, I don't have unlimited texts. So if I go over my allotted amount, I have to pay...which I don't like. Although, i know I went over in the month of March...WAY over...but he never gave me my bill. Maybe he paid it as a gift for being sick...lol!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving the comment about parenting! I'm glad you didn't think that I came off too harsh. I wasn't trying to offend the poor lady!

I like your blog.

Ronnie

Emily said...

Hey girl,
Been thinking about you! How is the foot? Where you able to go to school this week? Well, I guess I thought you were having too much fun being sick and breaking your foot so I went ahead and got Shingles! Yea! New thing for me, I did have the chicken pox when I was young but don't remember that but I will remember this. =)
I'm determined that we ARE going to make it even though it feels like one punch after another. I sure hope you have had a better week!

Sarah said...

I use to alternate between GermX and Purell so my hands wouldn't get so dry, and it actually worked, to a point. How sick is that that I had to use it so much that I managed to figure that out!?!