Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week Wrap-Up has definitely been a crazy and hectic week....good things and bad things! I know I did a few posts earlier in the week, but am now just going to briefly wrap up the week!!!

As most of you know, Richard McCulley passed away Wednesday morning at 12:26am. He was 47 years old and had CF. However, cancer was what took him home to the Lord, and not his CF! Please continue to keep his wife
Kori and their 2 boys in your prayers. Richard is no longer in any pain and is rejoicing with his Lord and Savior in Heaven. Brandi and I attended his visitation and funeral services Friday night and Saturday. It was very nice and very well attended! Kori seems to be doing pretty well. Thank you all for your support for them over these last few hard months. In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting donations to the McCulley Trust Fund, which can be found on their blog (if you have access to it-the blog is set to private). If you do not have access, please let me know and I can get you more information!

We had a family friend pass away this past week as well, and another in the hospital with a shattered shoulder, and possible bone cancer!

I have not been feeling good this week, and really, it hasn't gotten much better. Although I've been very busy these last few days. You can read how my clinic appointment went on Wednesday, here. I did attend class Wed night after clinic (5:30-10pm). It was a LONG night, but glad I was able to make it through! And for those of you that had been reading my updates on my friend Tony, who was transplanted about 5 weeks ago, he is doing exceptionally AWESOME!!! I've seen him several times over the last few weeks at clinic and other places. He also spoke at Richard's funeral on Saturday, and did a great job! He is feeling so great and is happy to get back to daily life with his wife and son!!! God is definitely amazing!

Thursday, my friend Katy from Texas, and I were able to spend some time at our lake house. Although the weather wasn't too great towards the end of the day, we still had a great time. We were able to tube for a little while (which I was glad because I haven't "tubed" all summer). She stayed with me Wed night through Friday morning!

In addition to the funeral yesterday, we also had our annual CF gala! As you all know, I'm very involved with the CF Foundation and try to be at every event possible. So as soon as the funeral was over, I high-tailed it back to Birmingham and arrived to help with our gala about 5:00. It was a great night, and I think everyone had a great time. It was a crazy night as well, as we were short MANY volunteers. Due to the other 2 Alabama-CFF employees being out of town, I was really 2nd in charge of activities throughout the night and keeping everything in line. So I was basically running around like crazy with my head-cut off! But hey...I always enjoy doing it!!! I will post pictures and more info about the actual event later in the week. I didn't get to take a lot of pictures, since I didn't have the time, but I did take a few. I think we (myself, our CF chapter director and our Chairman of the board) left the venue about midnight. After getting home, unloading, and eating, I think I went to sleep about 2:30am! I slept til 1:00 this afternoon...YIKES!! That was definitely not planned, but I know I needed the sleep!

Tomorrow I start back work at Sweet Pea (my usual Fall/temporary job until December). I love this job and are excited to be going back. If you have never checked out our stationery products, I highly recommend it. We have some awesome designs!!! I love all of them (although they aren't the cheapest, they are extremely good quality and professional looking). I've been used to not working the entire summer, and I know it will take a little while to get adjusted to working again. I haven't decided on my hours yet, as it will still be part time (probably around 30 hrs) for right now! I need to have a little time to study for my classes too!!

Well, I think that's basically the week in review! I hope everyone has had a great week and weekend! I've got another busy week ahead of me, and are praying I start feeling better SOON!! I will probably make a call into my transplant coordinator tomorrow. I was supposed to call her Thursday, but wasn't able to!


Kellee said...

What a week!
Im so sorry your feeling cruddy and I will be saying special get well prayers for ya!!

Aspiemom said...

Yes, you sound very busy! I'm glad you were able to go to Richard's funeral and I'm sure it meant a lot to Kori that you were there.

I hope that you start feeling better. It seems like you've had your share of setbacks this year!

Somer Love said...

Wow you have had quite the week... Sorry for your friends it's never easy.

Next time you have a CF event let me know I will try and send a painting or a necklace for your auction.

Katelyn said...

You have had a busy week! I hope you start feeling better and don't forget to take care of yourself, Katy.