Tuesday, September 22, 2009


So yesterday I had a bronchoscopy (can't remember if I mentioned it on here or not). The procedure went pretty good for me. It always takes a LOT LOT to sedate me! And I usually sleep for 2 days straight. I did make myself get up this morning and go to work, which ended up being ok!! I still feel a little drugged though :) I did get sick in recovery yesterday, which was awful, but it went away pretty quickly!

So far, nothing has grown out of the bronch cultures, but it takes about 3-4 days to really know for sure. I did find out that my CT Scan showed some fluid (or as they called it "infusion" in my left lung (lobe). They haven't decided what they want to do about it yet. They don't think that it is causing any of my current symptoms, such as shortness of breath!

I finish my 3-weeks of IV abx Thursday. I finish my month on of TOBI tomorrow! The transplant team will be discussing my case at their weekly meeting tomorrow morning. I'm anxious to see what they say, hoping there will be some course of action to help me feel better. With the exception of no fevers, I really don't feel much better at all. And it is getting extremely frustrating! I had to miss an anatomy test last night because of my bronch!

I will update on what the transplant team decides on tomorrow, or as soon as I know!! Thanks for all of your prayers!

My grandfather is still hanging on by a thread. He is now (as of really Sunday) not responding to anything, and is basically in a coma. He doesn't recognize anybody, he is not speaking nor eating. I guess the Lord just hasn't decided yet on when to take him home. He doesn't look good, and his breathing is awful today! I'm praying he is not in any pain! The whole family situation with my step-grandmother is a little better. By no means, is there no disagreement, and frustration with her by everyone, but I think most of the family is at peace with the decisions, which is a blessing!


Aspiemom said...

I'm sure the Lord knows just when to take your grandfather home, Katey. His timing is not always the same as ours. I'm sure it's hard for you all waiting during this time.

My throat is always so sore after a bronch and I feel like I'm sick. I hope that you fare better. I understand how you feel discouraged with not feeling better. After my IV's this time I didn't notice any difference and that was discouraging.

Hope you have good results from the bronch!

Kory said...

Glad your bronch went okay. Did you end up taking your anatomy test? Praying for your grandfather...