Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Surgery Update

Sorry for just now posting an update. Briefly, here is a quick update: The surgery was successful and was able to be performed laproscopically. However, I am in a tremendous amount of pain and are taking pain meds around the clock. I have 4 small incisions and most of the pain is around this area. i also have pain in my shoulders, which I was told this is due to the air they put in your stomach during the surgery.

This amount of pain was totally unexpected and I hate it. I'm so uncomfortable. I haven't been able to eat, so I am on IV fluids continuously. The surgery team has released me, but the transplant team wants me to remain in the hospital until the pain is better and I am able to eat and gain some weight. I am very uncomfortable and very frustrated.

I'm praying tomorrow will be a new day, and I will feel tons better! I will try and post another update tomorrow. This is the 1st time I have felt like being on the computer. Thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I realize I don't have the complications that you do, but my gallbladder surgery was completely more painful than I thought it would be as well. I had already been through 2 c-sections and thought it would be a cake walk. I know I sound like Debbie Downer! My intention is just to let you know that it's normal, and it will go away. Praying for you...

Kellee said...

Im still praying for you sweet Katey!!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I really hope you feel better by Thursday and can be with your family for Thanksgiving!

Kevin said...

Glad the surgery went well. Hope the pain subsides soon!

Take care Katey!
Kevin, 33 w/cf