Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quick Sunday Update

This a brief post, but wanted to post an update like I promised.

Once again, the lungs are good and keep getting better. My energy is pretty good as well. I am still off the oxygen, and finally getting some breathing relief. The stomach is still giving me major problems. I went through so many narcotic pain meds last night, it was insane. I was in tears for several hours (and I have a HUGE HUGE pain tolerance). I finally got some relief at 2am with a dose o Dilaudid (spelling..sorry). This was after 2 does of Morhpine, oral Ultram, and IV Toradol. The Toradol took a minimal amount of pain off, but not near enough. They wanted me to try that 1st since it easier on the stomach. The Dilaudid worked like a charm, and I was finally able to get some rest. The nurses are in awe and very shocked when they see my stomach get as distended as it's been doing each night. There is still no answer...and FINALLY, my doc ordered a GI consult for tomorrow (Monday), as well as an Abdominal ultrasound and xray, in which I had performed today. I think the ultrasound may have shown some things, as she brought up the fluid that I have had around the area, and she was clicking away on pictures of my abdomen.

The same pattern presented itself today. Tummy was fine this morning and mid-day. It gradually started getting distended, and by 7pm or so, I was in extreme pain again. I got a dose of Dilaudid, and hoping i knocks the pain out for good (at least for tonight). I will update tomorrow, with hopefully some answers.

My new goal is to be discharged Tuesday morning where I can still attend my Physiology Lab Class that night. Keeping my fingers crossed.



2 comments:

bankrgrl said...

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with all this extra mess before you jump into the semester. Have you talked to any of the profs or your admission person to see if they have any ideas that can help keep you on time (or relatively so).

Oh - & it's spelled Dilaudid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilaudid

Emily said...

hey girl~ I'm so glad to hear your breathing is better but just sad for you that this stomach issue will not be resolved. You and I both need a season of good health and rest. =) I've been out of the loop for a while since I haven't had internet but I'll be praying for you. I don't know if this is an option for you but the Megace has always helped me gain weight. I haven't known anyone that it doesn't work on so you might want to ask the doctors there about it. Keep in touch....