Saturday, September 27, 2008

Angels in Waiting

I got this video off my friend Emily's blog. Tammy Cochran wrote this song about her two brothers who passed away from CF. She captures the sweetness, beauty, and joy she got to experience in the short time her brothers were here on earth. It really touched me and I wanted to share it with you. I love how she describes them as "Angels in Waiting."




"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing". 2 Timothy 4:7-8

I've lost many friends due to CF and/or transplants. I cherish each moment I am able to live here on Earth and spend time with friends and family. And even though I get sick or go through some difficult times, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel like with each hardship, God brings a blessing. And that makes it all the easier to deal with. I hope some of my posts do not sound like I'm complaining. Yes, it is frustrating going through a transplant and then getting sick frequently. But God has already blessed me with a second chance at life and a beautiful set of lungs. And if getting sick is going to be part of this journey, then so be it. I've already been blessed and are ready to go home whenever God is ready for me. I have finished my race and kept the faith of my Lord and Saviour!

0 comments: