Friday, September 26, 2008


I don't have my fair pictures posted yet, but thought I would write a quick update.

So I woke up this morning feeling pretty crummy. I called in sick to work and slept til 11:00. Then I took a shower. I had absolutely no energy or strength to take a shower and dry my hair. It was awful (but managed to get it done). Then I headed up to UAB for my iv magnesium about 1:00pm. It took about 4 1/2 hours to infuse, etc., and then I quickly visited Christie before I left. I got to talk to one of my doctors (FINALLY) as far as me being sick. The plan is to start me on IV antibiotics. He wants me to come to clinic though and get the usual full work up (labs, chest xray and breathing tests) before they make the final decision to make sure nothing else really serious is going on. I'm also having a few extra lab tests such as thyroid tests and CMV (a virus test). The plan was to come to clinic on Monday, but this Monday happens to be one that they are not having clinic. So therefore, my choice is to either wait until Wednesday or come Monday and just find somewhere to see that one particular doctor. I plan to hold out until Wednesday if possible so I won't have to miss any more work. But we will see how this weekend goes.

So I guess come Wednesday next week, I will be doing Home IV antibiotics. (as of right now he said I can do them at home..but we'll see on Wednesday). He will also discuss doing a bronch depending on my breathing tests results.

My plans for this weekend: SLEEP and SCHOOL WORK!!! (maybe Church on Sunday depending on how I am feeling).


Emily said...

Oh girl, I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I will continue to pray God would give the doctors wisdom to know how to treat you best and that you would start feeling better soon. Also pray you will have peace during this frustrating time. I will be doing clinic on Wed. so I should see you there if you go then. If there is anything you need, a friend to chat with or anything else please let me know.....Hang on..