Friday, October 3, 2008

Mono

So we have finally figured out what I have and what has caused the dramatic decrease in my WBC count! Evidently, I have Mono. I'm kind of shocked. The test for it just came back and it was positive. My doctor said I would feel like "xxxx" for about another week. I have a feeling that they will keep me in here another week, since I am a transplant patient.

This explains the fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, etc. These symptoms have been lingering for several months, but every time I go to clinic or have lab work done, nothing shows up. So the drop in my WBC count was a clue to start testing for viruses. Although I'm a little concernd, I'm glad I have an answer as to why I've been feeling bad.

I'm going to google "mono" today and do a little research on it.


0 comments: