Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Update

And so the craziness begins once again!! I just saw a doctor from Infectious Disease, and now they are saying that I DON'T have Mono. They did a more specific antibody test for it and it came back negative. So now we are back to square one.

I think the respiratory stuff isn't really the main issue. It's still probably broncho-pneumonia or upper respiratory infection. The issue is what is making my WBC count to be so low. We are still waiting on results from a few other tests. I haven't seen my transplant doctor yet, and probably won't until later on this afternoon. I just wanted to go ahead and update regarding the Mono. So once again, I DO NOT have Mono (which is great, but now we don't have an answer).

I didn't get much sleep during the night last night because I was hooked up the majority of the night until about 3:30 A.M. I eventually took a Trazadone for sleep and IV phinigrin, which pretty much knocked me out until about 11:00 this morning.

My parents are coming up a little later this afternoon to watch the Alabama Football game.

I will update later tonight once I have more info and have seen the transplant doctor.


0 comments: