Saturday, November 8, 2008

Busy Week

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. To tell you the truth, I haven't been on my computer much the last few days. It's been a busy, long, and crazy week. I managed to work my usually 4 days this week. Which is great, because over the last 2-3 weeks, I've only worked about 3-4 days overall. We are slammed at work and are very very busy. So on Thursday and Friday, I worked about 1 hour later than usual. Friday I was the 2nd to last person to leave (out of about 60 or so people). I like being busy, but was glad to go home at the end of the day.

I finally made it to clinicals on Wednesday. However, after arriving at 8:15 am, I sat around for 2 1/2 hours waiting for my clinical instructor to get out of a meeting. After missing clinical the entire month of October, I was a little angry with her. Therefore, I only had about 1 hour to actually do clinical work before leaving for the day. This coming week my plan is to attend clinicals all day Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to catch up on the hours I've missed. I'm praying I can get everything done that needs to be done in order to complete and pass the course. I've got a lot of school work ahead of me for the next 3 weeks.

As far as my health goes....Tuesday I started having a small cough associated with some sinus issues. Wednesday I ended up staying up most of the evening/night coughing up major junk from my lungs for hours and hours and hours. My ribs, back, head, etc. hurt so bad....which made Thursday a little harder to endure at work. But nevertheless, I made it through. Thursday and Friday were much better. However, last night, the coughing and sinus stuff started up again. And today I don't feel very well. This is still all on top of the major fatigue I've been having. I'm a little worried...but trying to just put it to the side and keep on with work and school.

Wednesday after clinicals I had lunch with some of my favorite nurses from HTICU (our transplant floor) at UAB. Since my clinical is there, one of the nurses invited me to walk over and join them for lunch. All lot of my nurses are just a few years older than me, so we are able to be good friends and hang out every now and then, which is nice. It's nice to be able to have that kind of a relationship with people who also take the best care of you when you are sick. Because I'm a frequent inhabitant of HITCU and UAB, I've become friends with MANY MANY of the nurses--young and old! After leaving UAB, I came home to complete some school work...then went off to work (my babysitting job).

(I know I don't mention much about the above job.....I keep kids every other Wednesday night for a church that has what they call "community group" which is like a home-based Sunday School Class. I've been keeping these kids for about 3.5 years now and love them to death. I used to do it every Wednesday night, every Sunday morning and every Sunday night. However, they've cut back a little, and some of the kids have grown up, therefore they only need me on the Wednesday nights. I love this job..and wouldn't give it up for the world. It's nice to have another set of prayer warriors to when I need them.)

I slept in today and are just relaxing and taking it easy. I'm going to go hang out with a couple of friends tonight at someones house for a fun and relaxing evening. I'm hoping to make it to church tomorrow morning. And more importantly....I hope to accomplish a WHOLE LOT of school work.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. I will try my best at updating more frequently. I can guarantee you I will post tomorrow and Monday!!! (have them already planned).