Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Look/Layout

I finally switched over to a 3rd column layout. I've been meaning to do if for about 4 months now, just never got around too it and was dreading "re-uploading" ALL of my applications/widgets! I think I've added most stuff back, including a few new things. If I have left you off of my blog roll and you were on there before, please let me know!

How do you like the new layout? Is it too busy? Have I put too much stuff on there? Since it's 3 columns now, the text, wording and pictures on each side column are smaller. Is this ok, can you still read it pretty good? I want your comments!!!

For those of you that can remember, I had a "Live, Love, Laugh" picture/graphic thingy on my blog at the top of the side column previously. I think I had originally gotten it off the cutestblogontheblock's "blinkies." But now they only have a green and brown colored one. I don't mind it so much, but when I add it to a column, it overlaps, and it doesn't show the full graphic. But the html code doesn't include a width # that I can change. Any suggestions?? I'm trying to figure out how to increase the width of my columns on the side (decrease middle-post column a little smaller) to accommodate the few graphics like mentioned above to show full-size!


Also, a fellow blogger of mine said that I now have a striped background??? I cannot see that on my computer. All I have is the hot pink solid color background wrapper behind the main background color of light blue within the actual blog. Does anyone else see the stripes? I hope it looks ok, and not sure why I can't view it? I have a full size 19-inch desktop computer screen.

Hope you enjoy the new layout! I had been wanting to add new stuff but didn't want it all on one column =) If you have a button for your blog and want me to add it to mine, just let me know!

Thanks!!

9 comments:

Aspiemom said...

I think it looks great, Katey! I know it's a lot of work to get it set up. I don't see stripes...was she joshing you, maybe?

Kori said...

I think it's awesome. I don't see any stripes.

Lucy's mom said...

I think it looks great!

bankrgrl said...

I promise I'm not making the stripes up! I can see them in Firefox (3.0 and 3.5), IE 8.0 and also on my iPhone. I'll show it to you tonight.

It does look good, though - the colors match the whole layout. Didn't you have this problem before when you had the other background?

Katelyn said...

I actually really like it. It makes it easier to read!

Jess said...

Nice new look :)

SWelch said...

Hey Katey! I can see the stripes! Haha They are there, I promise! I am using Firefox and they are there for sure. But really cute, pink and blue!! Love the new layout. I would love for you to add a button, but honestly I am still figuring this thing out myself and have no clue what a button is!! Ha! Hope you are feeling better for your soon upcoming trips! I am praying for you!! =)

Courtney said...

I love the new layout! I want three columns on my blog!!

I don't see any stipes either...

Alicia said...

I LOVE your new 3-column layout! I see the stripes (Firefox 3.5.1), and it coordinates perfectly with your design.