Thursday, September 3, 2009

Update-IV Abx

So a final decision was made earlier today to move forward with IV antibiotics. I'm so mad and frustrated; but this is what needs to be done. I had a fever again today and was not feeling any better. My coordinator said we could continue to wait, but this infection might get worse (I don't think it's pneumonia--but are not going to get xrays, labs, etc., so we really don't know exactly what we are dealing with). I am going to do the iv abx outpatient, as my doctor is trying to keep everyone out of the hospital if possible due to several cases of the swine flu on our heart/lung transplant unit (HTICU). So as long as I start feeling better, I should be able to do the abx at home. We agreed that I would stay home from work tomorrow (Friday). If I'm feeling better, then they are ok with me going back to work on Tuesday (we are off Monday because of Labor Day). The Home health company is supposed to come today to set everything up (hopefully---i haven't heard from them yet). I am going to continue doing the inhaled TOBI and the oral Cipro in addition to the iv abx.

I had planned on going to the lake Friday-Monday! I'm not sure what my plans will be now. I can't really get my port wet, but I may be able to lay out on the pier some? I'm just not sure yet. I know I need to rest and I also have LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of studying that needs to get done!

Please pray for these abx to kick in quick, so I can start feeling better. I have my San Francisco babysitting trip the 1st week of October, so this should have me feeling great for the trip!

If you are interested in sending my friend Emily a card, letter, or anything else, click here to read this post. After reading the post you decide to do so, please contact me for the address and more information. The person updating her blog has requested for the info to be passed along if possible, instead of her having to send each individual the information. My email address can be found on this blog, so just send me an email or you can message me through facebook as well! Thank you for your continued prayers for Emily. She is doing so much better...God has truly been working!!!


Ronnie "Sickboy" Sharpe said...

I think there is a typo, you're babysitting trip isn't NEXT August right?

I think it's a good thing to nip in the bud whatever is going on...can you just chill on the boat or something?

Anonymous said...

Hope the IV's help quick...I say head to the lake and maybe get some studying done while relaxing on the pier!!

Lauren & Alexandria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren & Alexandria said...

I really hope the IV's work like a charm ;)
I agree with the 65 roses..just relax and have fun :)
Take care!!

Katelyn said...

OK, I fixed the award thing! It should be there now!